For the most part, the 8-Man game follows the same rules as 11-Man football. Here are the few exceptions:
1. You play with 2 less lineman and 1 less skill player
2. Only 5 men are required to be on the line of scrimmage to start an offensive play
3. All jersey numbers are eligible and can play any position. That’s right! Your QB may be #57 and your center may go out for a pass if he is the last man on the line of scrimmage
4. You must have 4 players on the front line of a kickoff return
5. You may have no more than 4 players to one side of the kicker on a kickoff
6. While the field is still the same length, it is just 40 yards wide.
That is it. Now let’s go play some football!