By Laws were drawn up at the inaugural I8FA meeting on January 3rd, 2018. To download a copy of the listed By Laws click here.
Name: Illinois 8-Man Football Association (I8FA)
Purpose: To develop and promote the game of 8-man football in the
State of Illinois and to the IHSA as a viable, healthy and
positive alternative to 11-man football.
Membership: 1) All members will commit on a two year basis with the
dues being $250.00 to join and $150.00 annually there
after due by Dec. 1st of each year.
2) Membership is open to any high schools
(and/or co-ops) recognized by the IHSA as Public,
Private, Associate or Approved Schools. **Only
schools with an enrollment of 400 students or less per
the IHSA including all IHSA multipliers will be
eligible for the I8FA Playoffs.**
(No club teams or non-school teams will be allowed)
3) NFHS game rules will be followed by all members.
Games will be played on a 40 x 100 yard field.
4) All schools must commit to the Association by:
April 1st 2018
March 1st 2019
February 1st 2020
January 1st 2021
December 1st 2022 and there on to be included in the
following season’s schedule.
5) All schools committed by the membership deadline will
be worked into the regional schedules set forth by the
President & Secretary of the Association for that
following season. Schools are expected to accept and
adhere to that set schedule.
6) Any changes that need to be made to the set schedule
must be cleared by the President & Secretary of the
7) All schools should notify the President or Secretary of
the Association by Dec. 1st if they no longer plan on
being a Member School for the upcoming 2year term.
8) All schools will abide by all IHSA rules and regulations
just like any other sport they participate in.
(eligibility, game limitations, rule meetings) ect.
9) Any protests or rules infractions will be reviewed by
the Executive Committee.
10) Schools that fail to abide by the Constitution set forth
by the Illinois 8-Man Football Association may not be
accepted for renewal of their membership at the end of
their two year term.
Organization: 1) Each Member School will be represented by one of
the following: Principal, AD or Head Coach.
2) The Association will have a President, Vice-President
and Secretary/Treasurer.Voted on at Sept. meeting.
3) Will meet 3 times per year. Dec. April & Sept.
To be set and announced 30 days prior to meeting.
4) A quorum is required to hold a vote and 2/3 majority
vote is needed for any change in the Constitution or
By-Laws. E-mail votes accepted.
1) Will preside over all association meetings.
2) Enforce the Constitution, its By-Laws and Policies
3) Call and arrange all meetings. Regular or Special.
4) Plan the agenda with help from the Secretary.
5) Promote and Support the growth of 8-Man Football.
6) Help Sec/Tre with planning schedules & playoffs.
7) Work on behalf of the Association directly with the
IHSA to promote 8-Man Football becoming a
recognized IHSA sport with a championship playoff
Vice-President = Serve in the absence of the President in all said duties
Sec/Treasurer 1) Take and distribute minutes of all meetings
2) Plan agenda of all meetings with President.
3) Work on any scheduling / playoff brackets.
4) Update all policy changes
5) Keep track of all history and records.
6) Collect all dues / pay invoices.
7) Run and update Association web-page.
8) Obtain any trophies or awards for Association
Shall consist of : President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, and two of the following AD, Principal or Head Coach.
They will address any Association disputes, or any schools failing to abide by the Association Constitution.
The “I8FA” Beliefs:
I8FA believes in an alternative to 11-Man Football.
I8FA believes in developing a playoff system for the sport.
I8FA believes in following all rules and regulations of the IHSA
I8FA believes in promoting academics and sportsmanship.
I8FA believes in being good ambassadors for the sport.
I8FA believes in the value of the sport of 8-man football.
I8FA Playoff Structure:
4-7 teams 4 teams will qualify for the playoffs.
8-11 teams 6 teams
12-19 teams 8 teams
20+ teams 12 teams minimum
Playoff qualifiers will be determined by Regional standings.
(must play all regional games to qualify)
Tiebreakers will be:
1. Head to Head record.
2. Overall record winning percentage.
3. Playoff points (IHSA calculator)
4. Playoff points of beaten teams
5. Coin Flip
Voted on and passed January 3rd 2018.