Illinois 8-Man Football Association Constitution/ By-Laws
Illinois 8-Man Football Association Constitution / By-Laws
Name: Illinois 8-Man Football Association (I8FA)
Purpose: To develop and promote the game of 8-man football in the
State of Illinois and to the IHSA as a viable, healthy and
positive alternative to 11-man football.
Membership: 1) All members will commit on a two-year basis with the
dues being $250.00 to join and $150.00 annually there
after due by Dec. 1st of each year.
2) Membership is open to any high schools
(and/or co-ops) recognized by the IHSA as Public,
Private, Associate or Approved Schools. **Only
schools with an actual enrollment of 325 students or
less per the IHSA enrollment figures and schools that
would be eligible for the IHSA Playoffs will be
eligible for the I8FA Playoffs.**
(No club teams or non-school teams will be allowed)
3) NFHS game rules will be followed by all members.
Games will be played on a 40 x 100 yard field.
All schools must have their fields marked properly.
4) All schools must commit to the Association by:
January 1st 202 December 1st 2022 and there on to be included in the following season’s schedule.
5) All schools committed by the membership deadline will
be worked into the schedules set forth by the
President & Secretary of the Association for that
following season. Schools are expected to accept and
adhere to that set schedule.
6) Any changes that need to be made to the set schedule
must be cleared by the President & Secretary of the
7) All schools should notify the President or Secretary of
the Association by Dec. 1st if they no longer plan on
being a Member School for the upcoming 2-year term.
8) All schools will abide by all IHSA rules and regulations
just like any other sport they participate in as an IHSA
(Coaches qualifications, eligibility, game limitations,
rule meetings, grading officials) ect.
9) Any protests or rules infractions will be reviewed by
the Executive Committee.
10) Schools that fail to abide by the Constitution set forth
by the Illinois 8-Man Football Association may not be
accepted for renewal of their membership at the end of
their two-year term.
11) Schools may be put on a probationary period of up to a
year for any infraction of any By-Laws as
recommended by the Executive Committee.
– Page 3 –
12) Schools are expected to be ready and willing to
exchange any two films that are agreed upon by
the two head coaches involved. This exchange should
happen no later than 12:00 on Sunday.
Organization: 1) Each Member School will be represented by one of
the following: Principal, AD or Head Coach.
2) The Association will have a President, Vice-President,
Secretary and Treasurer. Voted on at Sept. meeting.
3) The association will meet 3 times per year. Dec. April
& Sept. With the possibility of other meetings added
if need be. To be set and announced 30 days prior to
meeting. Member schools must attend meetings or let
the President and/or Secretary know if they can’t
make it prior to the meeting date.
4) A quorum is required to hold a vote and 2/3 majority
vote is needed for any change in the Constitution or
By-Laws. E-mail votes accepted.
5) If the I8FA should need to dissolve the following
steps will be taken.
- A) Must be discussed and recommended by the
Executive Committee. All members must vote
by roll call on dissolving the association.
- B) All schools will receive an official letter of
notification and results of the vote.
- C) Funds that have been accumulated by the I8FA
will be divided by member schools once all bills
have been paid. 60% to founding members, 30%
to teams who have been added, 10% to new teams
-Page 4 –
- D) Banks and financial institutions, venders and
IHSA will be officially notified of the dissolving
by an official letter from the Association.
Duties:President 1) Will preside over all association meetings.
2) Enforce the Constitution, its By-Laws and Policies
3) Call and arrange all meetings. Regular or Special.
4) Plan the meeting agenda with the Secretary.
5) Update any By-Law Changes.
6) Promote and Support the growth of 8-Man Football.
7) Help Secretary with schedules & planning playoffs
and I8FA Championship Game.
8) Work on behalf of the Association directly with the
IHSA to promote 8-Man Football becoming a
recognized IHSA sport with a championship playoff.
Vice-President = 1) Serve in the absence of the President in all said
2) Be willing to help with any duties assigned by the
Secretary = 1) Take and distribute minutes of all meetings
2) Plan agenda of all meetings with President.
3) Work on all scheduling / playoff brackets.
4) Keep track of all history and records (include past
Championship Game Stats in program)
5) Run and update the Association web-page.
Treasurer = 1) Collect all dues and deposit.
2) Pay any invoices due on behalf of the Association.
3) Obtain any trophies or awards for the Association.
4) Work on sponsorship agreements for the Association.
5) Balance the funds and give a financial report at the
Dec, April and Sept. meetings.
Shall consist of : President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and two of the following AD, Principal or Head Coach.
They will address any Association disputes, or any schools failing to abide by the Association Constitution.
The “I8FA” Beliefs:
I8FA believes in an alternative to 11-Man Football.
I8FA believes in developing a playoff system for the sport.
I8FA believes in following all rules and regulations of the IHSA
I8FA believes in promoting academics and sportsmanship.
I8FA believes in being good ambassadors for the sport.
I8FA believes in the value of the sport of 8-man football.
I8FA Playoff Structure:
All teams that are eligible for the I8FA playoffs according to By-Law #2 will participate in the 2020 I8FA Playoffs.
Tiebreakers will be: 1. Head to Head record.
- Overall record winning percentage.
- Playoff points (IHSA calculator)
- Coin flip
Updates to By-Laws were voted on and passed January 13th, 2020.